- Education on newborn care
- Breastfeeding support-postions, latch, pumping, storage etc.
- Resource information
- Assist with non-medical self-care recovery measures for mom
- Errands (grocery shopping, dry cleaning, infant supplies etc)
- Care for older siblings (while Mom cares for baby)
- Infant care while mom rests
- cord and circumcision care
- Household assistance (organizing nursery, washing dishes, laundry, preparing simple meals etc.)
- Escorting mother and/or baby to follow-up appointments.
- Newborn care so parents can sleep through the night (if desired)
- Assisting with feedings, whether you are breastfeeding or bottle feeding
- Changing newborns, swaddling and putting them back to sleep
- Light housekeeping
- Prepping food, bottles and nursery for the following day.
Photograph by Josephiney Photography